Feel free to email me if you would like to talk about any of my interests or projects. For now, check out my public GitHub profile: victorj44
You can read my blog with more updates here: www.jakubiuk.net/blog/
- engine.datanitro.com - NitroEngine - an alternative computational engine to MS Excel that speeds up statistical analysis (ie. Monte Carlo models) significantly.
- voyager.datanitro.com - DataNitro Voyager - the simplest REST API to push data to Excel users and their spreadsheets, without having to touch the Windows/Office stack (currently defunct).
- www.datanitro.com - the project I am currently working on. We're replacing VBA in Excel with Python. YCombinator backed startup (S12).
- Implementation and Performance Analysis of Hash Functions and Collision Resolutions - spring '12 - an implementation project & a paper - performance analysis of different collision resolutions (Linear Probing, Quadratic Probing, Cuckoo hashing and Hopscotch hashing) w.r.t cache performance across multiple cores. The code is available on my github.
- www.tourmadillo.com - winter & spring '12 - a web & mobile app for travel (currently defunct).
- Parellization of Dijkstra's Algorithm - Dec '11 - a paper on the Relax Heaps data structure; describes parallelization of the shortest paths algorithm to (efficiently) scale across multiple CPU cores.
- Parallel memory allocator - Fall '11 - a Hoard-like parallel memory allocator for one of my clas
ses. See the source here, it's pretty well commented. Provides concurrent (thread-safe) malloc and free and scales reasonably well on multiple cores.
- Introduction to C++ - Jan '11 - an intro C++ course I taught during the IAP. You can find the study materials on MIT OCW.
- Skimmedmilk - Dec '10 - a dinner signup hack (website) for one of my dorms. Written in good old php, the code is quite nasty, but hey, it worked. Uses MIT certificates for auth.
- Excel and IPython - Nov '13 - PyData NYC
- Python in Excel - 2013 - multiple DataNitro-related talks at our meetups and at NY Data Wizards
- SkipTrie - Apr '13 - a poster session on my research at MIT EECScon
- GitHub: victorj44
- LinkedIn Profile: Wiktor Jakubiuk
- My college: MIT
- MIT's CS Department: CSAIL
- MIT Lightweight Crew Team (I was a member of the Varsity team for 2 years)
- My high school Dulwich College of which I am a proud alumnus ("Old Alleynian").
- UWC Poland - the organization which enabled me to study at Dulwich:
- If you are in a polish middle or high school and would like to study abroad, check this guide (in Polish)
- AWW - my father's (Ryszard Jakubiuk) firm, for which he produces an array of alcoholic beverages
- PG's essays - essays by Paul Graham; read the one on philosophy before you die