Feel free to email me if you would like to talk about any of my interests or projects. For now, check out my public GitHub profile: victorj44
You can read my blog with more updates here: www.jakubiuk.net/blog/
- Implementation and Performance Analysis of Hash Functions and Collision Resolutions - a project & a paper I wrote with a friend - we analyzed performance of different collision resolutions (Linear Probing, Quadratic Probing, Cuckoo hashing and Hopscotch hashing) w.r.t cache performance across multiple cores. Code is available on my github.
- www.datanitro.com - the project I am currently working on. We're replacing VBA in Excel with Python.
- www.tourmadillo.com - a project I worked on in winter & spring '12.
- Parellization of Dijkstra's Algorithm - Dec '11 - a paper I worked on with a friend of mine; Implemented Relax Heaps data structure to parallelize the shortest paths algorithm to (efficiently) scale across multiple CPU cores.
- Parallel memory allocator - Fall '11 - a Hoard-like parallel memory allocator I wrote for one of my classes. See the source here, it's pretty well commented. Provides concurrent (thread-safe) malloc and free and scales reasonably well on multiple cores.
- Introduction to C++ - an intro C++ course I taught during the IAP (January) '11. You can find the study materials on MIT OCW.
- Skimmedmilk - a dinner signup hack (website) i made for one of my dorms. Written in good old php, the code is quite nasty, but hey, it worked. Uses MIT certificates for auth.
- GitHub: victorj44
- LinkedIn Profile: Wiktor Jakubiuk
- TopCoder profile victorj
- My college: MIT
- MIT's CS Department: CSAIL
- MIT Lightweight Crew Team (I was a member of the Varsity team for 2 years)
- My high school Dulwich College of which I am a proud alumnus ("Old Alleynian").
- UWC Poland - the organization which enabled me to study at Dulwich:
- If you are in middle or high school and would like to study abroad, check this guide (entirely in Polish)
- AWW - my father's (Ryszard Jakubiuk) firm, for which he produces an array of alcoholic beverages
- PG's essays - essays by Paul Graham; read the one on philosophy before you die